March 04, 2018

What I loved in February.

February. The month that I have treated as a fresh start following the disaster that was January. Aside from the usual mental breakdowns, banter and writers blocks, I have officially begun a new chapter of my life, that is starting University, - well only the first week. It has been a definite change in my usual non-existing routine, that has made me unaware of how unorganised I truly am. That being said, I think this is going to take some time to get used to. This past month I rediscovered a lot of old favourites, from make up to books. I did not have too many to share but it will do. 


The BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel palette has been well loved by yours truly over many months. However, more so recently this has become my go-to eyeshadow palette for a day to night make up look. The top row of shadows are my favourites - particularly the shimmery pink champagne that I sweep all over the lid, followed by the two mauve mattes that I blend throughout the crease with a fluffy brush.


The trend for liquid lipsticks still has not died and my love for them has come and gone. Typically because matte formulas feel uncomfortable on my lips. However, the Tarte Cosmetics Tarteist Lip Paint's are all I have been wearing on my lips this past month. Particularly the shades 'tbt', a pretty deep pink, and 'birthday suit', a mauve nude. The formula of these apply creamy with a matte finish, but are not drying, -  rather comfortable to wear all day and have a strong lasting power. 


One and a half bottles later, I can say that this is one of my favourite fragrances of all time. The Jimmy Choo Blossom Parfume is a sweet and slightly fruity spring scent. I have loved this fragrance for a while now and even more as of recent. - Plus I have received so many lovely compliments every time I use it. 


Reading books is something I have not consistently achieved for years. I have always struggled with the concept of picking up a book - it is much easier for me to watch a visual representation. However, this year I told myself that I need to pick up this old habit once again because I missed the feeling of getting lost in a book, relating to the characters and following their journey. The book that I loved reading this past month was; Girl Online Going Solo by Zoe Sugg.

I hope March is good to you.


Love always,
Sara xo

No comments:

Post a Comment