July 16, 2017

Favourite Highlighters


There is nothing better than feeling confident. What makes me feel this way is when I wear highlight on my cheekbones, whether it is blinding or subtle. I believe highlight truly completes any makeup look. These are five of my absolute favourite highlighting products.




Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow Kit in 'Gleam': Moment of appreciation for my dearest friend for introducing this into my life. This glow kit is a staple highlight for me - particularly the bottom right shade, 'Crushed Pearl', a beautiful, metallic champagne that gives a blinding highlight. Every time I use this highlight, I receive so many compliments on how illuminating my skin looks. All the shades in this palette are silky smooth and look lovely on the skin.



Becca Jaclyn Hill Collection Champagne Splits Shimmering Skin Perfector Mineral Blush in 'Champagne Pop - Floweredchild': Champagne Pop is a stunning soft gold highlight with sparkling reflects. It is very pigmented and can give an intense shine to the cheekbones. However, it can be applied with a light hand for a subtle glow. It also looks lovely on all skin tones and is worth the money if you are looking for a high quality, luxurious highlight. 




Sleep MakeUP Solstice Highlighting Palette: Believe me when I say that this palette is incredible! This palette comes with four highlight shades, one cream, a silky shimmer and two metallic baked powders. I am obsessed with every shade, however the metallic baked powders have to be my favourite because they are so beautifully unique and bold. If you love an intense, blinding and metallic highlight then you should get your hands on this palette. I did a full review on this palette here if you want to know more.




TheBalm Mary-Lou Manizer: Surprise! another Champagne highlight. This one is the well known Mary-Lou, a buttery and slightly shimmery pearl goddess. I am not a huge fan of Cindy-Lou and Betty-Lou, purely because I do not reach for them often. However, Mary-Lou looks lovely on all skin tones and can be subtle or blinding.  


Illuminate by Ashely Tisdale Illuminating Shimmer in 'Shimmering Sand': This highlight is much more affordable compared to the rest and it is well loved in my collection. This is a silky, baked highlighting product that is perfect for those who want a natural and healthy glow. It contains specks of silver sparkles that shimmer radiantly in the sunlight. This product is a very soft champagne shade that is perfect for those with fair skin. 

It is crazy how much illuminating products bring out the confidence in me. What are your favourite highlight shades? I would love to try something new.

Love Always,
Sara xo.

1 comment: