January 15, 2017

Ciate' London Chloe Morello Beauty Haul


I spent approximately two hours or so binge watching Chloe Morello make up tutorials using these products, particularly the 'Pretty, Fun and Fearless' palette which instantly persuaded me to place an order. I was super keen to grab hold of this limited edition product from the Mecca Maxima website. It was sold out everywhere in stores and was not available online, until one bright evening in mid December when it was finally available to purchase! I have never tried anything from Ciate' London, so I was so excited to welcome another amazing, cruelty free brand into my life. 


This kit includes a 15 pan eyeshadow palette; 'Pretty, Fun and Fearless', a deluxe Wonderwand mascara and Liquid Velvet lip product in the shade 'Pin Up'. Along with a beautiful, chic, navy blue make up bag that fits all the products in. 


The camera quality does not do this palette justice. I love every single one of these shades! This 15 pan palette, includes a range of mattes and shimmers from warmer to cooler tones. The eye shadow combinations are endless. I particularly love the shades 'Vacay', 'Dainty', 'Jet Setter' and 'Queen Bee'. As much as I adore the shade selection, the product itself had a slight downfall. I found the matte shades to be a little difficult to blend. - Particularly with some of the darker shades, I found that they appeared to be patchy if I put too much product on the brush. Nonetheless, once blended out (may take quite a few minutes), it looks beautiful!. Along with the mattes, I found the shimmers to be not as pigmented as I would like. They do require quite a few layers for a full shimmer on the eyelid, however, they still look beautiful, especially when caught in the light; the speckles of glitter shine and make the eyes pop. 


A mini Liquid Velvet in the shade 'Pin Up' is also included in this beauty haul. It is a pretty medium pink that looks lovely on all skin tones. It is opaque with just one swipe and has a non-sticky glossy finish. I did find it to feel a little tacky on the lips - I think this is because it is long wearing, which does not bother me. The doe-foot applicator allows an easy application as the tip enables precision when lining the lips. Overall, a lovely edition to this kit. 


A deluxe Wonderwand mascara is also a lovely edition to this kit. This mascara more-so lengthens my lashes rather than thickens them and creates volume. Also, it does take a few coats to build, which is quite annoying. My lashes are very weak, so it is hard to find a mascara that will not weigh them down. I did find this one to hold well, however, it struggled to keep its curl throughout the day. Although it does not make my lashes as dramatic as I would like them to be, it is a great mascara for everyday wear. 

I think Chloe Morello did a great job in her collaboration with Ciate' London. She created a beautiful kit with some lovely products in it to create a wide variety of make up looks. I think it is definitely worth the $70! This is unfortunately limited edition, so I am not sure where it is still available to purchase. However, keep your eyes peeled as it may magically appear on the Mecca Maxima website, like mine did.

Love always,
Sara xo

No comments:

Post a Comment