August 02, 2016

WILL THIS EVER END?!

Hi lovelies, this post is brought to you by my weak emotions. Do you ever feel like you're on a never ending roller coaster? - I feel like I'm on a loop going around and around... I feel like I'm an internal failure but I think writing this post will help me overcome this challenge.

*INHALE*

For the last 2 years or so I've dealt/still dealing with the usual teenage drama and if you've read previous posts you'd probably know that. Today for me was a wake up call... I realised that I worry way too much about other people. I dwell on people's negative opinions on myself and I also let other people control me. - Not in the way we're they're physically telling me how to behave, but rather force me to overthink, run away and stop doing the things I enjoy most.

I spent a very long time blaming myself and beating myself up for something so small, stupid and a big waste of time. It made me grieve for about 2 years and I finally found peace from removing this problem in my life. However, this the part where I start again - start running away, start hating myself and start overthinking. Why is that our minds always focus on the negatives rather than the positives? - I don't know if this is just me but I always seem to forget what's really important.

I always question why people feel the need to criticise someone else's beliefs, passions, values or whatever. I'm not going to lie, I've said some things that I'm not proud of but I've learnt from my mistakes. Being constantly made fun of for something that I'm passionate about is not exactly all fun and games. I wouldn't want to make other people feel worthless or upset. I like to stick by the quote, "treat others the way you want to be treated." I always repeat that line to myself and it is really important, especially in a world where we are so influenced by the media and the people around us. 

To sum this up; in life there are going to meet people who you cannot connect with, for what ever reason that may be. You may avoid someone for so long and finally face them again and it may shock you, it may humour you, anger you or you might simply ignore them (something I definitely need to implement in my life). No matter how you react, don't run away or don't dwell on it - simply show that you are STRONG! Running away may help you process your thoughts but you will eventually face the problem and that's just life. You have to show them that you are not weak and that you are the better person. 

Life get's real difficult sometimes and it will get better, you just have to take a breath and let it go..

*EXHALE*

Love always,
Sara xo

No comments:

Post a Comment