Eating healthy can be easy...until 3:00pm when that craving hits. Does anyone else just get the biggest sugar craving in the afternoon?. It is easy to reach for that chocolate bar sitting on the middle shelf but sometimes that is not as satisfying as these healthy, raw and vegan bliss balls which are good for you and ultimately fulfil any sweet tooth. This heavenly creation is packed with protein, healthy fats, omega 3, antioxidants and more. They are perfect to snack on through out the day and as a pre and post work out treat. Yay for healthy eating!
- 1 cup of natural almonds
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 2 Tbsp rice malt syrup
- 3 Tbsp water
1. Blend almonds in a food processor until they are almost finely chopped
2. Throw in the shredded coconut, cacao powder, chia seeds and cacao nibs to combine with the almonds that should form a crumbly texture
3. Add the rice malt syrup and water to the dry mixture and blend until all ingredients are formed into a firm ball
4. Once blended, roll the mixture into a small to medium ball (or any size)
5. Leave in the fridge for at least one to two hours to set
Share these around or eat them for yourself. Healthy eating does not have to be boring!