I love making raw treats and playing with flavours and textures to create something delicious and healthy. These salted cacao and coconut energy bites are full of nutrients that are perfect for that afternoon "pick me up", containing protein, fibre, healthy fats and a load of vitamins and minerals. On top of that, they taste incredible! The nutty taste from the almonds, the caramel flavour from the dates, the slight bitterness from the cacao powder and the hint of pink salt blended together create something magical and irresistible.
- 225g pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 cup natural almonds
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp shredded coconut
- 1/4 Tsp of pink himalayan salt
- 1 Tbsp natural almond butter
- 1 Tsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp water
1. Finely chop dates into a food processor until a gooey consistency forms
2. Add the almonds and pulse until chopped and combined with the dates
3. Throw in the cacao powder, shredded coconut and salt and blend
4. Pour in the almond butter, coconut oil and water into the mixture and blend until all ingredients are well combined, forming a ball
5. Once combined, roll the mixture into small to medium balls (or any size)
6. *Optional* roll the balls into shredded coconut (they are quite sticky)
7. Place in the fridge for at least two to three hours or until firm
8. Eat until your heart desires!
Enjoy, devour and inhale.